lunedì 12 giugno 2017

The song of June: Something just like this

Come canzone di giugno, Margherita ha scelto una hit del momento, molto dolce e delicata.
Abbiamo ascoltato il brano in radio e guardato il video, con sottotitoli in inglese:

Poi Margherita è andata a tradurre il testo.


The song of June

SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS

I’ve been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
Achilles and his gold
Hercules and his gifts
Spiderman’s control
And Batman with his fists
And clearly I don’t see myself upon that list
She said “Where’d you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I’m not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss”
“I want something just like this
Do-do-do, do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do
Oh I want something just like this
Do-do-do, do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do”
“Oh I want something just like this
I want something just like this”
I’ve been reading books of old
The legends and the myths
The testaments they told
The moon and its eclipse
And Superman arose
The suit before he lifts
But I’m not the kind of person that it fits
She said “Where’d you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I’m not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can miss”
“I want something just like this
I want something just like this”
“Oh I want something just like this
Do-do-do, do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do
Oh I want something just like this
Do-do-do, do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do-do
Do-do-do, do-do-do”
“Where’d you wanna go?
How much you wanna risk?
I’m not looking for somebody
With some superhuman gifts
Some superhero
Some fairytale bliss
Just something I can turn to
Somebody I can kiss
I want something just like this”
“Oh I want something just like this
Oh I want something just like this
Oh I want something just like this

Oh I want something just like this”


Poi, abbiamo letto ed elaborato alcune informazioni e curiosità sulla canzone.

Singers: The Chainsmokers and Coldplay


Albums: Memories...Do Not Open
   Kaleidoscope

"Something Just Like This" is a song by American electronic music duo The Chainsmokers and British rock band Coldplay. It was released as the second single off The Chainsmokers' debut album “Memories...Do Not Open and the first single off Coldplay's thirteenth extended play “Kaleidoscope” on February 22, 2017.
The Chainsmokers announced the song on Twitter on February 22, 2017, appending that “dreams do come true”.
The Chainsmokers said: “Something Just Like This” is about a relationship that doesn’t need to be superhumanly perfect, an ordinary love, a love everyone deserves like the boy on the cover art whose childhood memories are now boxed up. Coldplay is one of our biggest inspirations and this song was an absolute dream come true to make. The song, for the most part, was created during our first meeting with Chris Martin. We found some chords that everyone loved and then Chris plugged a mic into the PA in the studio and freestyled for an hour. This song was the result. We’ve never seen a song written in such a stream of conscious. It’s hard to maintain your identity when working with such an established artist but we feel this song is great balance between both us and Coldplay.
The song was used as the theme for the 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Tournament.
The song was also used during Miss USA 2017 swimsuit competition.
The lyric video was released on February 22, 2017 on the Chainsmokers' Vevo channel. It has received over 400 million views. It was directed by James Zwadlo.
"Something Just Like This" debuted at number fifty-six on the Billboard Hot 100, but on its second week, the song soared to number five, becoming the Chainsmokers' third top five entry after "Don't Let Me Down" and "Closer" and Coldplay's second top five entry after "Viva la Vida". Also, it became the Chainsmokers' fifth top 10 entry and Coldplay's fourth top 10 entry on the Billboard Hot 100. The song has since peaked at number three on the Billboard Hot 100. In the United Kingdom, "Something Just Like This" debuted at number thirty on February 23, 2017, reaching its number two peak position the following week. It spent nine consecutive weeks in the top 10.
On June 4, 2017, Coldplay performed "Something Just Like This" at the One Love Manchester benefit concert for the victims of the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing.


Margherita ha poi illustrato la canzone, con tanti stralci del testo, che ha subito imparato a memoria.



Per chi volesse giocare con il testo della canzone, ecco il link per Lyricstraining.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...