lunedì 28 maggio 2018

The song of May: You let me walk along

Per questo mese, entrambe le canzoni scelte da Margherita, sia per inglese che per spagnolo, vengono dall'Eurovision Song Contest 2018, la grande manifestazione di musica internazionale che abbiamo seguito in Tv qualche settimana fa.
La canzone tradotta dall'inglese è cantata dal rappresentante della Germania (che, come molti, ha scelto di cantare un brano non nella propria lingua madre).
E' una canzone orecchiabile e carina, ma con un contenuto per noi particolarmente coinvolgente e delicato.
Vi mostro i video: quello ufficiale, poi con le parole e infine dell'esibizione all'Eurovision di Lisbona.


Ed ecco testo, traduzione e curiosità sul brano.
The song of May
You let me walk alone
I'm a dreamer, a make believer

I was told that you were, too
I love the silence and the clear horizon
And I got that all from you


Every now and then I'm drawn to places

Where I hear your voice or see your face
And every little thought will lead me right back to you


I was born from one love of two hearts

We were three kids and a loving mum
You made this place a home
A shelter from the storm
You said I had one life and a true heart
I tried my best and I came so far
But you will never know
'Cause you let me walk this road alone


My childhood hero will always be you

And no one else comes close
I thought you'd lead me when life's misleading
That's when I miss you most

Every now and then I'm drawn to places

Where I hear your voice or see your face
And every little thought will lead me right back to you


I was born from one love of two hearts

We were three kids and a loving mum
You made this place a home
A shelter from the storm
You said I had one life and a true heart
I tried my best and I came so far
But you will never know
'Cause you let me walk this road alone


I was born from one love of two hearts

We were three kids and a loving mum
You made this place a home
A shelter from the storm
You said I had one life and a true heart
I tried my best and I came so far
But you will never know
'Cause you let me walk this road alone







"You Let Me Walk Alone" is a song performed by German singer Michael Schulte. The song was released as a digital download on 20 February 2018 through Very Us Records, and was written by Schulte along with Thomas Stengaard, Nisse Ingwersen, and Nina Müller. It represented Germany in the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon, Portugal. With a 4th placing, it became Germany's best placing song since Eurovision Song Contest 2010.
It’s a sad ballad, and Michael wrote it for his father, who died when he was only fourteen.

Eurovision Song Contest
Schulte was first confirmed as a competitor in Unser Lied für Lissabon, the German national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018, on 29 December 2017. On 13 February 2018, his song was revealed to be titled "You Let Me Walk Alone".

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...